Monday 11 July 2016


June 2016 Week Two

Rain Rain Rain....figured out the restless sleep thing when the rain hits...earplugs....downside was it stopped me hearing my alarm clock...solution was in front of me all the time...I'd got a Microsoft Band 2...figured out it had a sleep monitor and vibrate wake up thing...WOOP! Sleepness nights gone and wake up refreshed!

Few people have asked about how I sleep...I guess they want more details than I close my eyes and it sorta happens.

Okays, the bed was a standard campervan bed, basically two seats acoss each side of the van then you run slats down the middle and drop the cushions down. Now, I changed this a bit as I reaslised this was a home, not a campervan...and I did'nt feel like construcing and deconstructing a bed every day...

The idea I had solved a few problems I had...I packed all my cloths into 3 large bacgs labled SPRING, SUMMER, AUTUMN, WINTER. As I posted before I now have storage space with draws and a wardrobe. I simply migrate all the cloths for each season to the draws and wardrobe...the rest of the large bags go under the bed supporting the slats alot better.....

I also measured up the dimensions of the bed area and figured out it matched a small double matteress size....I nearly went out and bought one figuring it was worth the investment when I read a blog from another van man that probably saved me money and hassle....

He'd done the same as me and regretted it...what he finally settled on was a full size double MEMORY foam mattress...because it was much more flexible....and he was right....

Fitted the Memory foam 5" thick it bends at the top creating a sort of headbaord that pillows squish upt quite nicely....

I then follows his advice and added a opened sleeping bag as another layer....he's right...it keeps all the heat in...then a fitted sheet. Throw on top a double quilt and its like sleeping in a hotel

I'm 5ft 10 and have no issues stretching out at all, its weird but I sleep better in this bed than most others

Threw some Cushions at the back of the bed on the back doors and it looks great!

Bit pushed for time today...I'll update on the big trip next week I guess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment