Monday 11 July 2016


June 2016 Week Three

Well into te routine now and feeling like I've been doing this forever. Don't know if thats a good or bad thing...

So had another one of those "The Vans driving me round the bend" days yesterday...not literally....and did the same again, sat down and figured out what was wrong. Finally got down to the fact that the back doors of the van were insulated but looked ugly and kep catching my eye...so time for some creative thinking again.

I figured I don't really open the back doors unless I'm away for the weekend and thats only happened once. Off to the Car Boot I went looking for ideas...

Took me a couple of hours but finally came up with a solution...

Found a nice large red rug and a really nice picture, now time to do some interior designing :)

Cut the rug to fit the back doors, luckily its fluffy enough to hide the seams so looks like a solid rug...used so very strong double sided tape worked great. The picture was really cool...and hanging it central on the doors fairly easy...and hey presto....I have a back wall and picture....makes a world of difference to the van!

Opening the back doors is still easy....picture down and open them :)

So, update on the first weekend away. Decided to take STAN...I had to name him I guess...so he's STAN the Stealth Van upto Whitby for the weekend. Its a 2.8ltr diesel and drives really well. I was a bit worried with all the additions I'd made that there would be crashes and bangs from the back as it all fell to bits...

No Issues ar all, even on the sharp corners and uphill :)

Cruised up at 70-80 with no issues,,,,only thing I did do was renew my Breakdown cover to cover me as driver of any vechile...cost me £12 a month for cars and Van but well worth it I guess. So parked up in Whitby in a top part of town car park...its on silver street should anyone want it...£6.50 for 14 hours and its fairly secluded,,,perfect for stealth van man.....

Parked up and no issues and off into Whitby for the day...

Woke up the next morning after more than a few beers in town to hear loud voices outside the van...ummm...

Okays...lets see whats up....snuck a quick look outside to find another couple of vans parked up with some people from France and Italy...time to go say Bonjour I guess

They were travelling around Europe living full time in thier vans...lotta respect for these guys...got some good tips from them :)

Finally got back around 11.00pm Sunday night feeling like I'd been on holiday...lotsa downsides to living in a van but quite a few upsides too....

No comments:

Post a Comment