Monday 11 July 2016

April 2016 Week Three

So the next big issue...what do I do about food......

The vans fairly well setup...as I said I did most of it myself and I thought I thought of everything....

Major screw up....

I pictured this idealic life with me sat in the van with hot food cooking happily on the gas hob I'd put in...the fridge full of chilled food fresh ready to cook....forget it....it just does'nt work...

First of all this is'nt a weekend camper...its your home. Cooking in a van is a nightmare, the smell lingers and you have issues with dirty pots and pans....within 2 days I realsied I needed a better solution.

Simple, I changed my diet....

This is now what I east and the costs of it....

Breakfast...Cereal Bar and Banana...I get the Cereal bars from the local Car Boot guy at 3 boxes of 8 for a £1...so that covers about a month....

I pop to Aldi and get Granola, greek yougurt that I have for breakfast at work....luckily we have a fride I can use...

I get salad stuff to have for luch...Lettuce , Ham , Tomatoes, deli meats...I buy enough for a week and just stick them in the works fridge...nobodys even noticed....

Likewise...Microswave Rice...some tinned Tuna...

Also Pasta.. those fresh packs for a £1...great...Jug of Hot water in and throw half a packet in with some ham, etc...

I'm able to cook all this fairly easily at work without anyone asking anything apart from "on a diet then Fatty?"

My shopping bill for the week is around £15.00...

I buy peanuts and crackers for the van for the evening, cheese as well, loving cottage cheese with black pepper crackers...yummm...

So I have a good Breakfast, a good brunch....a healthly lunch then around 5.00 I have the pasta or Rice and Tuna before I goto the gym.

After the Gym I sit down with the laptop in the van, movie time (see the 4G EE dongle I bought) eat some cheese and crackers...some chutneys sometimes, maybe some pate...small ones from the supermarket that you eat in one session...

I've never felt hungry...I'm eating well and I now weigh 5lbs less after a few weeks...

Anyways...man cannot live on that alone... :)

For treats I bought 75 percent dark chocolate...

Peanuts as well

Treat time : The local pubs usually have some sort of deal on over the weekend...my Local Hungry Horse has a satuday deal of any meal for £4.99 with a drink....Large Mix Grill here I come....

Same with Sunday...£6.00 Sunday Lunch with a drink for a £5....

So my food bill for week usyally runs at between £20-25...some weeks I miss the pub out on a sunday...I reckon I'm spending £85.00 a moth on food...more money to pay those debts off! and I'm hardly starving to death...

Only thing I did was bulk buy some multi vitamins from the car boot...still in date for 2 years...enough to last a year for £2....

TBH...I feel better health and food wise than any time in my life....

No comments:

Post a Comment