Wednesday 20 July 2016

July 2016 Week Three

OMG...just ....omg....for those of you not in the UK we've just had a mini heatwave....Stealth Van Man and Stan the Van are not used to this sort of thing.....

So temptetures hit 30 or so and the nights were damn hot. So how did we get along? It was'nt as bad as I thought it would be sleeping in a metal container thats slowly being cooked! Looks like the insulation works sort of both ways...whilst it was hot it was no hotter than my bedroom in my old house during the same heat wave.

I pushed a bit harder at the Gym on the 7.00pm until 8.00pm session to purposely tire myself out a bit more. After a Sauna and Jacuzzi session I was so relaxed I could actually have slept most places. I have a bathrobe on the van that I normally lounge about in before bedtime and I just laid on top of the bed with that on.

Did learn a few things though...

Paranoid about opening the Van windows...just do it...get some sort of air circulation going.

DO NOT RUN THE ENGINE TO RUN THE AC...learnt the hard way when loads of water came out of the radiator due to it overheating...all topped up again and luckliy Stan is fine.

I powered up the fridge and left the door open...weirdly it cooled the van fairly quickly....

12V Fans are useless

Battery Fans are useless

Its made me think about winter a bit more but I reckon double duvets is the way forward!

So the routine is carrying on and it seems to be working. I've slowed down in the gym a bit and since I started this I've now lost around 18lbs....if I lose another 12-14 I would be REALLY happy....

Food is back as an issue...its become a chore rather than a enjoyment so looking at other things to eat as well. Snacks seem to be the main issue...sometimes I just want a cookie....

oping next months pay will give me a boost in morale, just feeling a bit down again this week. Thinking about taking up walking or another hobby...think I need a bit more variance in life.

Anyway, weekend was great, got 70 percent of STAN T-Cut and looking good. Redid all the paintwork in the cab area and it looks great. Someone asked me why I was doing so much work to a place I am just using to sleep in....pride I guess....and also, STAN is an investment...as I said I paid only £2000 for him and I reckon he'll be worth £3000 when I come to sell him. I'm not spending vast amounts on him, just mainly car boot £1 stuff but he does look far better than the day I picked him up

Time is going fast and when I look back over these blogs its seems I've been doing this for far longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment