Monday 11 July 2016


May 2016 Week 4

Feeling alot better this week. Don't know what was up last week, guess I was just feeling sorry for myself.

So updates this week...routines going fine and I'm still doing alot of gym stuff. Food seems to have sorted itself out taste wise, constantly looking around supermarkets for things I can eat in camper van Land! Going to take the Van away for the weekend and try some wild camping, maybe upto Yorkshire.

Been asked a few times about power for the van, etc so heres how I work it out...

All the lights are 12v so run off a Leisure battery with no issues. I charge my laptop for internet and watching downloaded shows and movies at work, same as the mobile phone. Got a couple of mobile USB battery chargers for the phone, really suprised how well they work. From depleted to fully charged phone in 40 minutes or so.

I thought about fitting a TV screen to the van, then realised I watch most things on catch up and my laptop does fine for that

The fridge is a 3 way 240/12/gas fridge, but as I said I switched it off a few weeks ago and I have'nt missed it at all. I did get a 12v Fan, works great...I also converted the power supply on the 4G dongle to a cigarette type fitting so it works great too.

Although the Leisure battery has a meter on it to show power left I run the engine when I move the van in the morning end evening for 15 minutes and its kept it fully charged....I do have a solar panel for it but I've not had to get it out at all.

I figured out another mistake too...I should have paid for blacked out Windows....you still need curtains though...If I can save enough I'll probably get it done.

I've tidyed up the cabin area abit with some paint etc and it looks much better. Best thing I ever bought was the wardrobe childs unit!

Plan to paint it to match the interior over the next few weeks

Anyways...off to the Gym time...catch you all in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment