Tuesday 12 July 2016

July 2016 Week Two Part One

Bad week down on Bad week Farm. Things started out fairly okay...usual weekend routine. Weather was fairly bad so ended up spemding more time at the gym than normal on Saturday afternoon.

Broke the cardinal rule of Gym and instead of sticking to my routine thought lets push things a bit and tried to do the routine and weights I had planned for next month. Given the fact I had only upgrade my personal best targets by 5KG on the 1st I was basically adding 10KG to what I was working out with 9 days ago....ummmmmm.....

You guessed it...did something to my forearm muscle...feels like someone is driving daggers into it...

This made me realise three things :
1. If I get ill or injured the routine I have gets blown out of the water....and psychologically that was hard...I'm getting through this through following a routine and any disruption to it seems to make me irratable...never like this before...only since Stealth Van Life....
2. My arm hurts so much I struggle to drive...and STAN the van is'nt the easiest thing to steer. I have to be more careful, not being abale to drive would cause me all sorts of problems
3. I need more medicines in the Van :)

So arms wrapped in deep heat and took some Van advice from a fellow Stealth man (Thanks Rob)
Cut the bottom off a sock and use it as a wrap...works great!

So although that was bad worse was to come....had to open my big mouth and say that I had no issues parking up in STAN at night....well Sunday night there was a loud Bang Bang on the van side....Mr PoliceMan come to visit.....

Luckily I opened up the passenger door dressed in a big Fluffy white robe...not what the local police were expecting I guess...

I'd thought about this scenario for a while and decieded on the story I would give out a while ago....so here goes....

Police :" Evening...could you let us know what your doing...you've been spooted by our patrols a number of times in this location"

and then comes the story....

I decieded to go down the route of a preparing for a 2 year camper van trip abroad. I explained to the policeman that one of the things I'd read up on was that people who did long road trips were not prepared for living in a van...so I was spending a few nights a week in the van for the next year or so to get used to it.

TBH...I don't think he was really bothered...he checked the insurance, tax, MOT etc of both the car and Van and seemed happy enough.

Think I'll miss that spot out for a few months...luckily I found another place recently that I have permission to use (local Business I spoke to happy for me to park behind there building blocking the warehouse doors. Owner was happy as he'd had a couple break ins, and having someone block the doors he thought was great...the fact I'm there from 10.00pm til 6.00am causes him no issues and he gets a free security guard) He even gave me the wi-fi password for free internet browsing :) Something to think about if yoyr looking for somewhere to park up....worse they can say is no....

I'll update in a few days on arm, etc and plans for the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment